Data Labeling Services enables you to request human labeling for a collection of data that you plan to use to train a custom machine learning model. Prices for the service are computed based on:
- The number of human labelers for each data item and the labelers per data item field when creating a new data labeling request.
- The number of annotation units generated. The price for the unit of each labeling task is described in the table.
- For an image classification task, units are determined the number of images and the number of human labelers. For example, an image with 3 human labelers counts for 1 * 3 = 3 units. The price for single-label and multi-label classification are the same.
- For an image bounding box task, units are determined by the number of bounding boxes identified in the images and the number of human labelers. For example, if an image with 2 bounding boxes and 3 human labelers counts for 2 * 3 = 6 units. Images without bounding boxes will not be charged.
- For an rotated box/polyline/polygon task, units are determined in the same way as a image bounding box task.
- For a video classification task, units are determined by the video length (every 5 seconds is a price unit) and the number of human labelers. For example, a 25 seconds video with 3 human labelers counts for 25 / 5 * 3 = 15 units. The price for single-label and multi-label classification are the same.
- For a video object tracking task, unit are determined by the number of objects identified in the video and the number of human labelers. For example, for a video with 2 objects and 3 human labelers, it counts for 2 * 3 = 6 units. Video without objects will not be charged.
- For image/video/text classification tasks, human labelers may lose track of classes if the label set size is too large. As a result, we send at most 20 classes to the human labelers at a time. For example, if the label set size of a labeling task is 40, each data item will be sent for human review 40 / 20 = 2 times, and we will charge 2 times of the price (calculated above) accordingly.
The table below provides the price per 1,000 units per human labeler, based on the unit listed for each objective. Tier 1 pricing applies to the first 50,000 units per month in each Google Cloud project; Tier 2 pricing applies to the next 950,000 units per month in the project, up to 1,000,000 units. Contact us for pricing above 1,000,000 units per month.
|Data type||Objective||Unit||Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Bounding box||Bounding box||$50||$39|
|Rotated box||Bounding box||$68||$48|
|Object tracking||Bounding box||$68||$48|